General Hospital 1

General Hospital 1
Get Hooked

Thursday 24 May 2012

News: Carolyn Henessy on 'True Blood'

The premiere of "True Blood" Season 5 is almost upon us and Zap2it got a chance to speak to one of the new cast members, Carolyn Hennesy. This veteran of "Cougar Town" and "General Hospital" is thrilled to be a part of the show. She tells us all about her character Rosalyn Harris, marathoning the show and which team she's on.
 
On her new character, she revealed

 "She's very old, as vampires go. And as for where she came from originally is yet to be determined, I would say. For the last, let's say two or three hundred years, she's called the Southwest home. Particularly Texas. Roslyn is one of those great dames,
great broads who helped to settle the old West, so she's as comfortable in a salon as she is in an opera house. Pearls with everything, the hair can never be too high and a shot of whiskey will just make her day."
Hennesy says she marathoned "True Blood" for the role

"I had not watched the show. When I was cast in it, I downloaded all 48 hours and watched them in ten days. I mainlined "True Blood" right before Christmas and it was the best Christmas present I had that year. Better than I had last year," she laughs. We asked if that messed with her brain at all. "I know the theme song. I know it backwards and forwards. It did mess with my brain in the best possible way. I was hooked. I was hooked on 'True Blood.'"
Concerning which vampire, werewolf, male witch and/or shapeshifter she's rooting for
 "To be honest, I'm Team Every Male on That Show! There is no one on who's team I'm not. I'm Team Alcide (Joe Manganiello). I'm Team Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis). I'm Team Everybody. And after meeting the two of them, I wouldn't choose teams if you shot me through with silver. They are just princes among men."
 "True Blood" returns for it's fifth season on HBO on June 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment